The abortion pill may seem convenient, but knowing and considering the risks is essential.
Do not take the abortion pill if you:
- Have a pregnancy that is more than 70 days (10 weeks).
- Are using an IUD (intrauterine device). It must be removed before you take the first pill.
- Have been told by a physician that you have a pregnancy outside the uterus (ectopic pregnancy).
- Have problems with your adrenal glands (chronic adrenal failure).
- Take certain steroid medicines.
- Are allergic to mifepristone, misoprostol, or other medications that list these as ingredients.
- Take medicine to thin your blood.
- Have a bleeding problem.
- Have porphyria.
Firstly, you may need a pregnancy test.
After verifying you are pregnant, an ultrasound is your best next step.
Ultrasounds provide the clearest picture of the state of your pregnancy. A scan will determine how far along you are, the location of your pregnancy, and the viability of your pregnancy.
Ultrasounds keep you safe while giving you clarity on what pregnancy options are available to you.
Learn all you can to make an informed and empowered decision.
You can make an appointment at the link above or call us at 513-321-3100 to schedule an appointment, or call us with your questions.
National Capital Poison Center
Posted on January 12, 2023 View the blog