Know Your Rights
It’s important to protect your health and to know your legal rights. Here are a few tips and guidelines that will keep you informed of your rights; and some advice, if you decide to have an abortion.
You have the right:
- To insist that your abortion be performed by a licensed physician, rather than a nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant, or nurse midwife.
- Not to have an abortion. Regardless of your age, marital status, or other factors, no one has the legal right to make you have an abortion. If anyone tries to force you, call us at 513-321-3100.
- To know the medical malpractice history of this physician and to know whether his or her license to practice medicine has ever been suspended or revoked.
- To insist that if you are injured during your abortion, you are to be immediately transferred by ambulance to the nearest emergency hospital or trauma center.
- To know if this doctor has an insurance policy to protect you in the case you are injured during the procedure.
Signing Legal Papers & Documents
At the clinic, you will be asked to sign legal papers. It is important for you to understand that these documents are not designed to protect you; they are designed to protect the physician, the staff, and the clinic. To protect yourself, follow these guidelines:
- Do not sign anything until you have read it entirely and are sure that you understand it fully.
- Ask for a copy of the documents (to take with you) before you sign them.
- Do not sign anything that contains blank spaces or information that you believe is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Do not sign anything that says you will not sue the clinic or doctor in case of injury or death.
Important Information about the Abortion Pill
Some abortion pill providers reduce their costs by not following the drug manufacturers’ guidelines, which can result in injury or fatality. For your protection, never consent to this type of procedure until the physician assures you he or she follows all of the drug manufacturer’s recommendations.
If you have any questions, please call our 24/7 hotline at 513-321-3100.✴️
Source: Life Dynamics, Inc., FDA
Posted on June 27, 2019 View the blog